Thursday, February 7, 2013

January Beauty Favourites


Monthly favourites are a must for both beauty bloggers and beauty addicts. It's something I go through every month, I like to see what everyone's raving about.
It's something that influences me A LOT when it comes to buy something new. 
That's why my purpose is to be completely honest and careful. I guarantee you that all the products that will be listed have been tested (by me of course) for a reasonable period of time, which enables me to tell you whether it's GOOD stuff or not. That reasonable period of time could be two weeks for a lipstick, but probably one or two months for a foundation. 

Ok, let's see what I've been loving this month!




1) Chanel Powder Blush in 70 Tumulte



I got it as a gift for my birthday (which is in November) and I've been wearing it almost everyday. You need the tinest amount to give a great rosy flush to your cheeks.
It blends perfectly and it stays on throughout the day! Suggestion: avoid the little brush that comes with it, apply it your favourite blush brush. I like to apply it with an angled one! 

2) Inglot e/s duo



If you've already heard something about Inglot, than you'll probably know about their (amaaazing) Freedom System. You can basically create your own eyeshadow/blush/bronzer palette. I went into the store to create a blush/bronzer duo, and I came out with this, which actually is an e/s duo. The shop assistant told me that the formulation for each powder (e/s, blushes, bronzers,..) is the same, so they're all the same product, they just differ in colours and pots. Since I wanted something compact I decided to go for the eyeshadows! Plus, I was able to chose THE PERFECT contouring shade for my very very fair skintone. Hurray! The blush colour is a peachy pink. The powder is super pigmented and buttery, I love it. 


3) Maybelline Falsies Mascara, feather look



Perfect to wear with anything you're wearing on the lid. Be careful: you don't get a good result with just one coat, you have to work with it. I do usually a couple of coats!

4) L'Oréal Caresse Lipstick in 102 Romy




Loooving it! It's not a lipstick, not a tint, not a lipgloss... just something in-between. 
I have to say that it may dry out your lips but, it's worth it!

5) Sephora Mineral Powder brush n° 45




I've been using this brush to contour my cheekbones, it has the perfect density and it gives you the right amount of control!
I wouldn't use it to apply bronzer, which in my opinion requires a bigger and fluffier brush.

And that's it, hope it was helpful somehow!

Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment